I have 15+ years experience in building brands – some of the services I offer graphic design for is:
- Visual identities
- Brand manuals
- Icons and symbols
- Art direction and concept visualization
- Image retouch/editing
- Website design
- Brochures, leaflets et c
- Digital presentations
- Packaging design
- Digital advertising
- Printed advertising
The 7 steps to a successful collaboration
A streamlined design process is a positive thing: you will know what to expect during the process and I keep everything efficient and effective, in terms of time and money. Since every project is unique there can be adjustments when necessary, but these are the basic steps:
1. Understanding & project start
The process starts with me asking you a few questions. After answering these I have an understanding of the project and can give you a realistic price offer. Once we have agreed on the quote we can get started.
2. Get to know your brand
This is a crucial step: I need to fully understand your brand to enable me to do a great job and create a design that is effective and right for you. The information you give me will also serve as a roadmap to help us keep on track, so that the design process is driven by the brand and not by a favourite typeface, colour et c.
3. Research & brainstorming
This is where my real work starts. I do research on the target audience, trends and look at competitors. This will help me create a contemporary and unique design that stands out in the crowd and speaks to your customers. I also brainstorm ideas and look for design inspiration.
4. Sketches on paper
I start with rough sketches of various ideas that came up during the previous step. I select one or a few of the best ones, which I then refine and send over to you. Based on your feedback revisions will be made if necessary and eventually there will be a winner. The winning design sketch will look, more or less, like the final digital version.
5. Going digital
The final sketch is scanned and traced to vectors. Often the accuracy at this step reveals some minor details that need to be tweaked. Until now the design has just been a black and white representation, but now it is time to colour it. The colours are based on your information about your target audience et c. At this stage the design is also tested across the various media where the design will appear. When the final design and its colors are approved it is time to wrap things up in the next step.
6. Final delivery
Before final file delivery, the last invoice will be sent (i.e. second half of payment). When I receive the payment all the necessary files – vector and pixel format in different color variations – will be emailed to you.
I always seek to be even better as a designer, and it is important to get your feedback on how you have felt working with me. So, shortly after the final files have been delivered, I will send you a short list of questions. This is of course optional, but it is highly appreciated if you do take a few minutes to answer them!
What you get when you hire me
- I do not just design pretty things – I listen to your needs and provide solutions to your communication challenge.
- I will use all of my accumulated knowledge from 15+ years in the industry to create the best possible solution for your business.
- Clear and consistent communication – you will always know the next step in the process, when you could expect a turnaround, et c.
- You will receive high-quality designs that works perfectly in the environments/channels that they are aimed for.
- It is a collaboration and I will let you know if I disagree on something, and always have the project’s goal first in mind.
- I will go all the way and craft the small, last details that makes all the difference.
- The outcome of my work will be based on your brief/needs – this is important.
- Exclusive rights. You will always own the finished design – I only have the right to use it in my portfolio.
- I promise to be alert and let you know if I notice something strange – like inconsistent writing for example.
- I always strive for improvement. I will follow up on your experience of working with me and learn from it.